Students Staff


Students here for a full year

If you're here for a full year, you are eligible for University accommodation, provided that you apply by the accommodation guarantee deadline.

You don't need to apply through the main accommodation system on the page above. We'll send you an accommodation booking form when you are accepted on the programme. Any preferences expressed on your booking form will be met where possible, but cannot be guaranteed.

Students here for a term

Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate students studying here for one term and you will need to find your own off-campus accommodation. We will send you a list of resources to aid your search when you are accepted onto the programme.

Your University accommodation

If you are offered accommodation, it will be in single study-bedroom which will normally be on-campus. The majority of the accommodation provided is in flats or houses and kitchen facilities are shared. Over 59% of accommodation has en-suite facilities. It is possible to request a room in a single-sex flat or house and if you would prefer this, please tick the relevant box on the form that we send you.

Accommodation at Colchester campus

Off-campus accommodation

We can't advise you on off-campus accommodation. The Students' Union provides a property finding service, SU Homes, which specialises in helping students secure local, private accommodation. All the properties they work with in Colchester are accredited by Colchester Borough Council. Options range from rooms in shared houses, to living with host families to letting an entire house.