Students Staff

myEssex: the student portal

New students

My course

Study resources

Exams and coursework

Health and wellbeing

Access and disability

Campus and travel info

Student experience

Student communities

Money matters


Get help and support

Accessible travel to and around campus

Student Services Hub

Lecturer and student

Our team of advisers are based within your Student Services Hub and can provide information, advice and guidance on a range of topics from accommodation and funding to exam stress and wellbeing. Drop us a line or pay us a visit.

Access Able logo

We work in partnership with national disability organisation AccessAble who provide detailed online access guides to many of our campus buildings and facilities. Details on the buildings audited by AccessAble can be found throughout our site.

Colchester Campus

Southend Campus

Loughton Campus

Building works affecting movement around campus

Our Estates and Campus Services team provide up-to-date information regarding any works taking place on campus which may have an impact on access. They also highlight any issues related to increased noise due to these works.

Health and Safety

The Health and Safety team provide fire safety information and advice specific to disability, including Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs). PEEPs are individual plans put in place for people with mobility impairments which could affect their ability to evacuate campus buildings in the event of an emergency.

Reporting access issues

The Central Timetabling Office works with Student Support to try and allocate students with mobility impairments to accessible rooms. On occasion, difficulties with allocations occur. If you have been allocated a teaching room that is not accessible please complete the Report a Timetable Problem form using the button at the bottom of the graphical, list and module enrolment views.

Please ensure that you select the Issue Type – Enrolment Issues. Please inform us which module, class and room is not accessible. The information provided on the online form will automatically be passed onto your Department for resolution.

If you have not disclosed a disability please contact Student Support via the Student Services Hub who will be able to provide further advice and guidance.


Collage of letters

If you think you may have dyslexia or a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD), or if you have already been diagnosed, our Student Services Hub can provide you with advice and support to help you with your studies.

Mental health

Students in a lecture hall

Sometimes life at university can be difficult. You may feel homesick, worried about money or pressures of study, or that you are 'not fitting in'. These feelings are common but can develop into mental health problems. If you feel like this we can help you.

Financial support

Students walking to Ivor Crewe lecture hall

You may be eligible to apply for funding to help cover the costs incurred for additional support and resources as a result of your diagnosed disability or mental health condition. Find out what financial support could be available to you.

Academic support

Students in library

Once you are registered with the Student Services Hub, we can help to put in place support and arrangements for your day to day studies and exams. Find out what academic and learning support you could be eligible to receive.