Students Staff

Student Documentation Ordering System

Council Tax Certificates

Council Tax certificates are available for full-time registered students who are not staying in University of Essex accommodation, and include the
student’s name, the start and end date of the course and that the student is undertaking full-time education at the University. Find
out more about Council Tax.

If you are a resident in the Colchester borough, you do not need a certificate. Instead, you can register for
council tax exemption from Colchester Borough Council.