East 15 Acting School
Undergraduate: Level 6
Monday 13 January 2020
Friday 20 March 2020
26 June 2019
Requisites for this module
The final term of the BA Acting culminates in productions that are designed to identify, extend and consolidate your strengths as a professional actor. Plays are chosen to show students' abilities to best advantage and to provide opportunities for full-scale ensemble work in public performance. The variety of selected plays extends students' acquired knowledge and familiarises them with further aspects of drama and of playing to a varied public. Final productions may be chosen as a result of student feedback or at the suggestion of directors and will take into account the male/female profile of the ensemble. Productions will include all the final year students in an ensemble work often including music and dance to enable talented students to show their versatility. Final productions are given a run of shows normally in the Corbett Theatre or Tristan Bates Theatre in London.
- To provide students with opportunities for full scale ensemble work in public performance
- To identify, extend and consolidate students’ strengths as professional actors
As a result of this module you will have
- Performed to a professional standard
- Demonstrated professionalism in all aspects of rehearsal and production
- Shown awareness of their own individual strengths and weaknesses as actors
No additional information available.
- Rehearsals with directors' notes
- Students will be individually tutored according to their particular performance needs
- Learning also takes place in workshops, presentations, specialist classes and independent study
- Verbal feedback and formative assessment are given throughout the process of performance preparation
- Students will receive written reports at the end of the year with summative assessment, directors' and tutors' comments.
This module does not appear to have a published bibliography.
Module supervisor and teaching staff
East 15 teaching staff and visiting Directors
No external examiner information available for this module.
Available via Moodle
No lecture recording information available for this module.
Disclaimer: The University makes every effort to ensure that this information on its Module Directory is accurate and up-to-date. Exceptionally it can
be necessary to make changes, for example to programmes, modules, facilities or fees. Examples of such reasons might include a change of law or regulatory requirements,
industrial action, lack of demand, departure of key personnel, change in government policy, or withdrawal/reduction of funding. Changes to modules may for example consist
of variations to the content and method of delivery or assessment of modules and other services, to discontinue modules and other services and to merge or combine modules.
The University will endeavour to keep such changes to a minimum, and will also keep students informed appropriately by updating our programme specifications and module directory.
The full Procedures, Rules and Regulations of the University governing how it operates are set out in the Charter, Statutes and Ordinances and in the University Regulations, Policy and Procedures.