East 15 Acting School
East15 (Loughton) Campus
Undergraduate: Level 4
Thursday 08 October 2020
Friday 02 July 2021
02 April 2019
Requisites for this module
BA W411 Acting,
BA W83A Acting (International),
BA W441 Acting and Contemporary Theatre
This first year module focuses on the investigation and exploration of "the self" to allow access to the body and to achieve progressively a developed physical awareness.
The course content introduces the student to the study and practice of clear guided movement principals. The mutually dependent and reflective relationship between mind, body and space forms the foundation for a process that develops the students' understanding of physical self and of the environment.
The aim of the module is to encourage students to acquire progressively a secure understanding of physical and mental resources for a dynamic and expressive presentation of body within a methodology of movement techniques.
Students will be able to demonstrate awareness of and ability to put into practic2:
- Class etiquette
- Body confidence
- Inner life
- Physical memory
- Integration of skills
No additional information available.
- Students work with movement tutors in group practical classes
- Normally 6 hours of movement classes per week except during acting priority weeks
- Learning also takes place through presentations within the class environment
- Panel feedback interviews at the end of Terms One and Three
- Students receive a written or verbal formative assessment from tutors at the end of the second term
- Students are expected to work on movement in independent study.
- Students are regularly filmed within the classroom and then given the opportunity to study the footage alongside feedback from the tutor
This module does not appear to have a published bibliography.
Assessment items, weightings and deadlines
|Coursework / exam
Module supervisor and teaching staff
Mr Marcin Rudy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marcin Rudy and staff
East 15 Acting School
Loughton, IG10 3RY
Ms Joyce Henderson
Freelance Theatre Maker
Mr Anthony Richard Clark
Prof Robert Gordon
Available via Moodle
No lecture recording information available for this module.
* Please note: due to differing publication schedules, items marked with an asterisk (*) base their information upon the previous academic year.
Disclaimer: The University makes every effort to ensure that this information on its Module Directory is accurate and up-to-date. Exceptionally it can
be necessary to make changes, for example to programmes, modules, facilities or fees. Examples of such reasons might include a change of law or regulatory requirements,
industrial action, lack of demand, departure of key personnel, change in government policy, or withdrawal/reduction of funding. Changes to modules may for example consist
of variations to the content and method of delivery or assessment of modules and other services, to discontinue modules and other services and to merge or combine modules.
The University will endeavour to keep such changes to a minimum, and will also keep students informed appropriately by updating our programme specifications and module directory.
The full Procedures, Rules and Regulations of the University governing how it operates are set out in the Charter, Statutes and Ordinances and in the University Regulations, Policy and Procedures.