Students Staff

University immigration advice services

Your Student Services Hub and SU Advice at the Colchester Campus have trained, experienced advisers who are authorised to give immigration advice to University of Essex students regarding the student categories of the UK’s immigration rules.

Advisers are only able to give advice within their level of competency, therefore, in some cases you may be referred to an alternative immigration advice service.

Immigration advice and services are regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and we as an institution have to abide by the Commissioner's Code of Standards. The OISC has the power to investigate complaints made about immigration advice and services provided by an institution. For more information please see the OISC website.

Student Services Hub

Your Student Services Hub at the Colchester Campus can offer immigration advice to all current University of Essex students and applicants on most areas of student immigration except, extending your Tier 4 visa from within the UK.

Making an enquiry

  • Complete and submit all relevant sections of our enquiry form.
  • We aim to send an initial response within five working days by email.
  • Depending on the nature of your enquiry we may offer you an appointment with an immigration adviser.
  • We may prioritise enquiries we believe to be urgent.

SU Advice

SU Advice offers independent immigration advice to University of Essex current students regarding extending your visa from within the UK.

Alternative advice services

Other local and national services provide guidance and advice to international students.

If you need a document

Please contact us to find out who you need to contact and how.