|| External Links
Human Guides, Human Interests
- Information on a wide range of human rights topics.
- Alliances for Africa (AfA) is an African non-Governmental
peace, human rights and development organisation.
- International non governmental organisation which focuses
the right to a fair trial, torture and arbitrary
- News Agency for Children's Rights
- Children in the Media - Brazil - is produced by ANDI - News
Agency for Children's Rights with the support of
Unicef and the Ibero-American Foundation for a New
- The Armed Groups Project aims to produce material that
is relevant for policymakers, practitioners and
academics attempting to understand intra-state
conflict, curb human rights abuses, and encourage
respect for international humanitarian law and human
Artists Helping Children
non-profit organization dedicated to bringing comfort to
children in hospitals, clinics, and shelters by
brightening their environment with murals and other art.
Fact File on Kosovo
- Picture gallery, military information & eye witness
file on children' rights
- Information and articles about children and armed conflict
around the world.
- A site dedicated to children's rights.
Consortium on Human Security
- The CCHS is an academic-based network promoting
policy-relevant research on human security. Its core
missions are to facilitate the exchange of information
and analysis on human security issues, and to help
build a human security community in Canada and
- Street children - database, eye witness accounts and links.
for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights
- Human rights links & articles in their magazine, Forum.
minds, policies and lives
- Website of the joint UNICEF/World Bank project set up to
enhance the lives of children at risk or deprived of
parental care in Eastern European countries.
- ChildHope was originally established in 1986 as an
international foundation to act as a voice on behalf
of street children.
News and comment by young people for everyone.
Childrens House, Australian Institute of Child and Family Studies
Information and links regarding children's rights.
- Over 130,000 British children were deported from Britain
and shipped off to a "new life" in distant
parts of the Empire in the first half of the 1900s.
This site provides information and assistance in
tracing separated families.
Workers in Nepal Concerned Centre (CWIN)
- Established in 1987, Child Workers in Nepal Concerned
Centre (CWIN) is a pioneer organisation in Nepal for
the rights of the child and against child labour
exploitation. CWIN is an advocate organisation for the
child's rights with focus on children living and
working under the most difficult circumstances. CWIN's
main areas of concern are child labour, street
children, child marriage, bonded labour, trafficking
of children, children in conflict with laws and
commercial-sexual exploitation of children.
- Web links to academic institutions.
Group on Early Childhood Care and Development
- An international group dedicated to improving the condition
of young children at risk.
- A Human Rights Hangout. Links to human rights
journals, treaties and mailing lists.
Information also provided on a country by country
- Human rights in Chile from 1972 to today.
- Worldwide disaster aid and information via the internet.
European Centre for Minority Issues
Contains reports and working papers.
European Forum for Child Welfare (Discontinued)
The European Forum for Child Welfare (EFCW) is a network of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) concerned with child welfare across Europe. EFCW is itself part of a wider network, the International Forum for Child Welfare.
European Human Rights Centre
The European Human Rights Centre (EHRC) represents over 100 non-governmental and other not-for-profit organisations interested in the promotion of Human Rights throughout Europe and beyond.
Euro-Med Youth Platform
Euro-Mediterranean Youth Platform.
The European children's Network, is a coalition of networks and organisations campaigning for the interests and rights of children.
European Network of Ombudsmen for Children
The Network links independent offices for children from European countries. Its aims are to encourage the fullest possible implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, to support collective lobbying for childrens rights, to share information, approaches and strategies, and to promote the development of effective independent offices for children.
Exploring Global Conflicts
An Internet guide to the Study of Conflict.
- Legal and non legal information on countries.
Includes information on international and domestic
Point against Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Focal Point on Sexual Exploitation combating child
prostitution, sexual abuse, child slavery, sex tourism
and other forms of sexual exploitation.
- Articles on Human Rights, Military activities and
controversial Environmental Issues.
Movement for Children
- The Global Movement for Children is a collection of people
and organizations around the world dedicated to
promoting the rights of the child. The movement is
about participation, action and accountability
involving everyone. We will change the world with
and Human Rights Info aims at making practical
information and materials on health and human rights
more easily accessible to health workers.
Rights and Peace Campaign
- Nepalese site. Information on national and international
human rights abuses.
Rights in China
- Articles on Government abuses of human rights.
- Monitors Human Rights violations around the world.
- Links to academic institutions specialising in human rights
and also to organisations organised by region.
Contains country reports, peace agreements and an
Bureau for Children's Rights
- Information on the Bureau, its programs and activities as
well as unique resources relating to children's
rights, including the latest hearings reports from the
International Tribunal for Children's Rights.
Criminal Justice Resource Centre
- To ensure that those institutions committed to the
prosecution of genocide, war crimes and crimes against
humanity have all necessary resources to fulfil their
obligation to fairly administer the law of
international human rights, and to ensure that those
societies destroyed by armed conflict have all
necessary resources to rebuild their institutions of
criminal justice and restore the rule of law within
- Latest information updated on a daily basis on the worlds
trouble spots. Has country specific as well as
International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights
Articles on human rights and the OSCE.
International Institutional for the Rights of the Children
The IDE has an international vocation. Its objectives are:
- to diffuse pertinent information on the rights of the child in general and on the different aspect of these rights;
- to offer training to those charged with applying these rights and to those working with children in interested countries;
- to found a culture or a spirit of child rights.
- Institute for
International Law of
Peace and Armed Conflict
- The objective of the Institute for International Law of
Peace and Armed Conflict (Institut
fr Friedenssicherungsrecht und Humanitres Vlkerrecht,
to intensify academic research and instruction in the
fields of armed conflict and ensuring peace.
- Institute for War and
- IWPR supports recovery and development in crisis zones by providing
professional training, financial assistance and an
international platform to independent media, human
rights activists and other local democratic voices.
- Who am I? programme designed for children up to the age of
- Daily news on the Balkans. Information on Serbian
massacres, locating ones relatives, history of the
region and mailing lists.
- The search engine of Findlaw.com. Powered by Alta
- Attempting to create opportunities for practicing attorneys
worldwide to share their expertise and experience to
promote the use of conflict and mediation skills in
areas of the world in the process of establishing new
- A non-profit web forum and community for young people.
the Future Magazine
- Magazine of the Mandate the Future organisation.
- Educational information, maps and history of the region.
- A group of local organizations known as New Sudanese
Indigenous NGOs (NESI-Network). The main objective is
to work together towards achieving a just and fair
Sudan for all regardless of ethnicity, gender,
- An initiative to support Law Enforcement against the Sexual
Exploitation of Children and offers a range of up to
date information, news and links to relevant resources
in its open area and provides a forum for the exchange
of expertise in a secure area.
- New Tactics
in Human Rights
- The New Tactics in Human Rights project, promotes
tactical innovation and strategic thinking within the
international human rights community.
Human Rights in China and Beijing 2008
mission of Olympic Watch is to monitor the human rights
situation in the People's Republic of China in the
run-up to the 2008 Olympic Games and to campaign to
achieve positive change in the lives of the people of
Partnership for Global Good Practice (PGGP)
- Provides consultancy services in programme planning,
design, implementation, evaluation, training and other
applied research activities in the areas of human
rights, justice and development, specialising in
children's rights and, in this context, juvenile
- Projects, history and statistical data on countries.
of Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Europe and
- Key documents and information from the Conference
"Protection of Children against Sexual
Exploitation" which was held in Budapest on 20-21
November, 2001 and organised by the Council of Europe,
UNICEF, and the National Institute of Criminology of
Radio Netherlands Wereldopwroep
Contains wealth of information on children in armed conflicts.
Rewrite the Future
Education and hope for millions of children affected by armed conflict (by International Save the Children Alliance)
and Human Rights Programme
- Information on protecting scientists from human rights
violations and how science can aid in developing human
rights. Some country specific information.
Children in Europe Programme
- A joint initiative of UNHCR and Save the Children, this web
site provides an up to date and accessible means of
communication with and between the Programme partners.
- Articles, professional opportunities and links.
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Provides information about
research and intervention on
the slums and the street children
The Centre for Child Law
- The Centre for Child Law is based in the Law Faculty at the University of Pretoria.
The Centre contributes towards establishing and promoting the best interests of
children in our community through education, research, advocacy and litigation.
Hague Appeal For Peace
History, programme information and links.
Palestine Israel Journal
- Independent, quarterly magazine that analyses the Middle
- UNICEF UK youth website. Provide information on their
rights and about how UNICEF promotes children's and
young people's rights across the globe.
- The Way Home
- 'The Way Home' is working to support the self-help and
rehabilitation of marginalized people, homeless
people, street children, drug users and others in
Photographs from Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Palestine, Tibet/China and other countries.
TRANSCEND Peace University
TPU is the worlds first ever global peace university for
policy makers, practitioners, scholars, students, UN
staff and others working in peace-building, conflict
transformation, post-war reconstruction,
rehabilitation and reconciliation, development,
human rights, and other related fields.
- Personal accounts, education and reporting human rights
- UK Preparation for the Second World Congress
- UK Preparation for the Second World Congress against the
commercial sexual exploitation of children, to be held
in Yokohama, Japan in December 2001. This website has
been designed to highlight work in the UK on
safeguarding all children. The website contains the
National Plan and a range of supporting documents. It
forms an important part of the preparation for the
Second World Congress.
Perton M.P. : Australian Human and Civil Rights
- Australian MP with human rights interests. Contains links
to Australian sites and international organisations.
- The Watchlist on Children and Armed Conflict reports on a wide variety of factors affecting children in specific conflict situations and make recommendations for action to improve protection of their security and rights.
- World Link
- A website dedicated to young global citizens.
- World Conference on Religion and Peace
- Since its founding in 1970, the World Conference on Religion and Peace has been dedicated to promoting cooperation among the world's religions for peace, while maintaining respect for religious differences. It has related activities involving human rights, children, peace education, women's issues, disarmament and development.